After writing about adventure travel ideas for men, a reader checked in with suggestions for VERY adventurous travelers. From what I can tell, most blog readers don't check back to the blog for comments (since many of you get it through RSS and email notification of new posts) so I thought I'd alert you to the adventure suggestions from Tom, the e-mailer.
These are not trips so much as activities to build a vacation around.
1. Tandem HALO jumping--High Altitude, Low Open--parachute jumping. Which basically means you're free falling for a looonnnggg time. Love this caveat on the site:
2. Then there's El Caminito del Rey, or the King's Little Pathway, a walkway along the steep walls of a narrow gorge in Malaga, Spain.
3. Next up, shooting the rapids on the Gauley River in West Virginia.
4. How about the "Tough Guy" challenge, open to both sexes. It took place in February this year. Start training now for next year.
5. And finally, bungee jumping into an active volcano Whaaa??
I release myself from any and all responsibility for what happens if you choose to engage in these activities! But have a blast. Well, not a blast in the dangerous sense...well, you know what I mean.